Terms & Conditions
www.nationalvanbuyer.co.uk is a website operated by Stag Motor Works Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09364008 and our registered office is at Chelsea House, Palm Street, Nottingham, NG7 7HP
These Terms govern your use whether you access our Services via a computer, mobile device, or some other means. Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use our Website. We recommend that you print a copy of them for future reference.
By using our Website, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Website or any of the Services.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
The following additional terms also apply to your use of our Website:
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may revise these Terms at any time without notice by amending this page. The amended Terms will be effective from the date they are posted to our Website. Your continued use of our Website or Services will constitute your acceptance of the amended Terms.
PERMITTED USE OF OUR WEBSITE AND VALUATION FORM
Our Valuation Form has been designed to allow private individuals or businesses wishing to sell a vehicle on their own behalf (i.e. not as part of their own commercial activities) to obtain a valuation of their vehicle and to provide them with the opportunity to sell the vehicle to us.
In order to preserve and maintain the functionality of our Website and Services for everyone, there are a number of things you must not do. You must not:
- transmit any material designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the accessibility or functionality of our Website or the Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the non-public parts of it, the server on which our Website is stored or indeed any server, computer or database connected to our Website, or from or through which the Services are provided;
- use any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other 'screen scraping' software, process, program or system;
- use our Website or Services to create, check, confirm, update, modify or amend your own or another person's databases, records or directories;
- use our Website in any unlawful, fraudulent, offensive or abusive manner;
- attempt to copy our data or reverse engineer the Services the processes used on our Website; or
- do anything which might interfere with any other user's enjoyment of our Website or Services.
ACCESS TO AND AVAILABILITY OF OUR WEBSITE
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website and Services, including using your own virus protection software. We do not guarantee that our Website, Services, or any content we provide, will always be available without interruptions, or be bug, virus, fault or error free.
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should use your own virus protection software. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website, including your access to the Website, for any reason, at any time and without notice.
You may link to the publically-accessible pages on our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of us or our Services, such damage being determined by us.
You must not operate a link to our Website in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval or endorsement by us.
We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to our Website at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time.
Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website and in the material published on it.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
VALUATION TOOL AND CAR PURCHASE
Any valuation given to you by us is based on the information you tell us about your vehicle and on the following general assumptions we make about your vehicle:
- it has over 6 months MOT;
- it is not an import, i.e. it is a right-hand drive vehicle with UK registration plates;
- it has not ever been subject to an insurance write off or used for private hire, rental, driving tuition or as a police vehicle;
- there are no major mechanical faults with the car;
- it does not have a personalised registration plate, or, if the vehicle has a personalised registration plate it will remain with the Car and no value is assigned to it;
- it has no damage, including interior and mechanical;
- it has an engine which starts and it can idle on its own, i.e. it is not a "non-runner";
- you have two sets of keys for the car.
You have the option at the Online Valuation presentation page to amend any of the Assumptions and provide us with some further detail about your vehicle.
A valuation is not an offer by us to purchase the vehicle. It is simply a tool to enable you to estimate the value of your vehicle and the price which we may be willing to pay for it.
We always carry out a physical inspection of the vehicle before we agree to buy it. After you have received your valuation, you may book an appointment for an inspection.
If, on inspection of the vehicle, we consider that the value of the vehicle is affected by any aspect of its history or condition, including any unusual feature or customisation or anything which affects or limits the Assumptions we made about the vehicle, which was not apparent to us when we gave you the valuation, the price that we may be willing to pay for it following an inspection is likely to differ from the initial valuation. We are not obliged to purchase any vehicle which we have given you a valuation for.
A binding agreement to purchase the vehicle will only be made between us once you have signed our standard written purchase contract.
At the time of making the Contract, we will expect you to provide us with:
- all copies of the Car's keys you have;
- the vehicles registration document (together with appropriate proof of purchase if requested by us);
- the vehicle's service history (if any);
- the vehicle 's MOT certificate (if any);
- the vehicle 's user manuals (if any); and
- any accessories there may be such as a locking wheel nut, radio fascia or remote controls.
We will also expect you to remove any personal possessions from the vehicle once the contract has been concluded. We will not be responsible for any personal items lost once the vehicle is in our possession.
In the event that you fail to comply with these hand-over requirements, you agree that we have the right to withdraw any offer to buy the vehicle with immediate effect.
We guarantee we are willing to buy every vehicle we value. So that we don’t waste your time, if there is a change in the market value of your vehicle resulting in a reduced valuation, then we endeavour to let you know what the new valuation is at least 24 hours before your appointment, so that you have the opportunity to cancel, if you choose to do so.
Payment are made by faster payment to your account, at the point you agree to sell your vehicle to us. This payment will leave our account immediately, please be aware that it may take your bank or building society up to 2 hours to clear a Faster Payments.
To qualify for this payment, you must be the registered keeper and have all required documentation to complete the sale.
We may not be able to offer faster payment where further validation checks may be required. Examples include;
- You are settling finance (or where your finance company still has a registered financial interest)
- You are selling a vehicle on behalf of someone else, or for a business
- If HPI identified any discrepancies with the vehicle specification, or where HPI identifies any Category markers
- If you have owned the vehicle for a short period and we require documents to confirm this
If you wish to find out more about this part of our service, please contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any costs incurred, or loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use our Website or Services;
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website or produced by our Services;
- a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material (each a "Virus") due to your use of our Website or Services, or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it;
- your use of websites linked from our Website or Services;
- booking, arranging, cancelling, or attending an Appointment.
We will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of any obligations under these Terms due to events or other matters beyond our reasonable control.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage; or
- our dealings with you resulting in any loss of opportunity, profits, sales, or revenue, goodwill or reputation.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and please note that in particular, we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
You will compensate us in full for any losses or costs, including reasonable legal fees, we incur as a result of;
- any breach by you of these Terms;
- your use of our Website or Service in violation of any law; or
- infringement of the rights of another person.
If any term of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to any other person.
These Terms do not give rise to rights that are enforceable by any person who is not part to these Terms. If we do not exercise or enforce a right under these Terms against you at any time, this does not prevent us from doing so at a later date.
These Terms, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with these Terms and your access to and use of our Website (including any claims or disputes).